February 20, 2004

I was flipping through the channels (in a quest for better background noise to my endless internet roaming) and came upon the Sharon Osbourne show in the middle of the musical performance. My first thought (well, technically second thought because the first was "Hello hottie lead singer/guitarist") was that the song being played sounded quite familiar. Then I thought that the singer's voice sounded quite familiar too. A few moments later, after my sleep-deprived brain was able to put 2 and 2 together, I realized it was 311 playing a cover of The Cure's "Love Song." Apparently it's on the 50 First Dates soundtrack.

So, for lack of anything better to do, I checked out MTV.com to see if there was a video, which there is. I have to say that I really like this song. Don't get me wrong, I like the original, but this one has a nice, mellow beat that I can groove on. Very cool.

Now I've got to add it to my playlist using Kaz... erm, I mean using my free iTunes download from my Pepsi cap.

Yeah.