April 14, 2004

I don't claim to be a basketball fan. I don't claim to know that much about basketball.

But when the Lakers are playing on Blazers' turf, you bet your ass I am watching that game. You see, I hate the Lakers. (Sorry Yvonne, but it's true.) I can barely stand watching them, although watching them lose makes it a little easier. Granted, the Blazers were already out of the playoffs but this game was a matter of pride. There is no team more despised by a Blazer fan than the Lakers. It's practically written in stone.

Tonight? Double OT. Shaq fouled out of the game. Blazers and Lakers were within one shot of each other. Blazers almost had the game at the end of the 2nd OT. Kobe gets possession with 1 second left on the clock. I was preparing my "HAHAHA Lakers suck!" dance, when Kobe shoots for a 3... And makes it at the buzzer.

I hate the Lakers.