May 10, 2004

Went out to see my darling Mother yesterday, seeing as it was Mother's Day. I brought her a card and a dozen roses, which was the least I could do for the woman who brought me into this world. I ended up staying for dinner, which was quite good. Despite the hour-long drive in a car with no a/c, it was worth the trip to spend some time with my Mom. I love my Momma :)

In other news, I actually drove out to my Mom's. You may not have known this (because I never mentioned it) but I didn't get my driver's license when I was 16. I didn't even get my permit until last year. There's no real reason why, except for the fact that I never really needed it. I was always able to carpool, and if I couldn't carpool, I could use the fantastic transit system around here. But things aren't that easy anymore.

So on Thursday I went and took my driver's test at the DMV. Finally, at age 21, I have my driver's license.

Yay me!