June 03, 2004

Carry this picture for luck....

Went to the Dashboard Confessional concert tonight, 'twas quite fun. There were 3 opening bands; Rescue Effort, The Get-Up Kids and Thrice... But I wasn't too impressed with any of them. If I had known any of their songs, I probably would have been a bit more interested. Imagine that.

Dashboard Confessional was fantastic, as expected. Chris Carrabba chatted with the crowd, and encouraged them to sing along with every song. (Which is a Dashboard standard, I am told.) A good mix of old songs and new songs, some I knew and some I didn't. I even bought myself a concert tee, which I haven't done in about 5 years. Although, I would have brought my digicam if I knew they would be allowing them inside.

Emo kids, (with their shaggy hair, new vintage tees, Converse All-Stars, black Dickies and studded belts), were out in droves. I don't get the whole Emo thing, probably because I've never identified with any kind of 'fashion/music movement', (punk, goth, prep, etc.) in my life. If it sounds good, I'll listen to it. If it's cute and comfy, I'll wear it. I'm a simple girl.

Thefact that 95% of the people there looked like they would need to be home before curfew made me feel quite old and out of place. My Best Friend, (who attended with me), and I started discussing whether or not we were too old for concerts. We decided that we'll never be too old for concerts, but we'll more carefully pick and choose which ones we decide to attend.

It was a good night. And I am fighting a nasty headache, so I bid you a good night.