August 20, 2004

Jump Right In

My favorite Olympic sport this year? That would have to be swimming. And not just for the obvious reasons. Although, seeing a my preferred type of guy walking around in a swim suit is never an unwelcome sight. Mmmm...

What was I talking about? Oh right, the Olympics.

There are three events in the Olympics that I make a distinct point to watch:

  • Swimming: When I watch the swimmers compete, I can't help but be transfixed by the way they slide through the water. The way they appear so strong and powerful, but also completely graceful. It's beautiful. Swimmers are the only athletes that I would ever envy.
  • Gymnastics: Both men's and women's. The main draw for me, is that I am so throughly amazed by the way they jump, twist, swing, tumble, flip, balance and fly. I have a hard time believe that mere mortals are capable of such feats.
  • Diving: (10 meter platform is the best) Much like the gymnasts, I love the way divers can move. In such a small amount of time they can complete a number of acrobatics before sliding into the water with barely a splash. It's just wonderful to watch. Plus, I love how the camera runs parallel to the divers and follows them underwater. I don't know why, it just looks cool.

Also, the Summer games beat the Winter games, no contest.