August 17, 2004

Shiny and New

So, it's a new template. Hopefully the beginning of a whole new blog for me. I originally started this blog with the hopes of anonymous release, being able to describe the thoughts and feelings I wasn't comfortable sharing with those I know in real life. Over time, I began to censor myself more and more, as my paranoia got the best of me. I was terrified that someone I know (read: the boyfriend) would wander across the site and read everything that I never wanted him to know.

And so I wrote about the unimportant things that I experienced every day, and blogging became a chore. It became "What can I write about today without revealing too much real emotion or feeling?" Gradually things began to clutter themselves within my head, a great turmoil of emotions and issues kept buried beneath a quiet exterior. As we all know, one can only hold such things in for so long, before little cracks and fractures begin to appear in that cleverly crafted facade.

Needless to say it wasn't long before the damn broke. Oh boy did it break. Which is about all I have to say about that, for now.

But now I'm back, with a whole new outlook on things. Which is why things around here are going to change a bit. As much as I love (LOVE!!!) the image that Ryn created for me, I was ready for a new view. I'm nowhere near done, there is much customization and tweaking to work on, which I will work on as my time permits.

For now, I've at least gotten things started. In more ways that one. :)