October 30, 2004

Just Call Me Dante

I was supposed to have today off from work, seeing as I am all sickly and miserable. But apparently they couldn't find anyone to cover for me, so I was called up to work a shortened closing shift. Granted, it was only about 3 hours, but when I'm sick I am very, very cranky and the last thing I want to do is deal with people. The following is a short list of the things that annoyed me today, which I need to rant about before I explode.

- People who spill things (Patchouli Oil) and don't tell me, thereby dooming my hands to stink like a hippie for the rest of the night. That shit does not wash off.

- People who ask me to take almost every piece of jewelery out of the case, only to not buy a damn thing.

- People who bring in a pack of children and let them loose in the store while they shop, paying no attention to the mess and havoc their child is creating. I am the only person in the store on a busy saturday night, I do not have time to follow your kids and keep them from breaking things while also picking up their mess. Put a leash on them.

- People who ask stupid questions. I know, "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers", but sometimes I think the water in this town must cause some kind of brain damage.

- People who ride bicycles in the oncoming traffic lane, in the dark, on a high-traffic narrow-laned road with no shoulder and no street lights. Seriously, I could have killed that guy. He's damn lucky that I pay super-close attention to the road when I am driving at night, (on account of my night-vision sucking.) Idiot.

*sigh*

I promise that my next post will be happier, I just had to get this off my chest.

PS: Guess the movie, win a cookie. :)