October 15, 2004

Rotting My Brain

Thursday is a good TV night for me. (Some spoilers ahead)

First off, we have Survivor: Vanuatu. I missed the last 2 episodes, for personal reasons considered far more important that television. I did pick a good night to start watching, as tonight was tribal mix-up. Not the merge, mind you, but the mix-up. It's a nifty little twist, and I think it makes the show more interesting. Nothing like watching the chaos that ensues after 2 established tribes are suddenly tossed in the blender.

For some reason, I just haven't been able to get into this show as much as I have in the past. Perhaps it's because the Lopevi tribe managed to vote off all but one of the young, hot fellas. (Seriously dudes, what are you thinking?) Or maybe it's because I find most of the women to be too annoying to listen to. I guess the Survivors this season just aren't as intriguing as those of previous seasons.

At least Jeff Probst is still cute. I can sit through an entire episode, thanks to him.

Fantastic show number two is CSI:. I was completely addicted to this show for the first few seasons, drifted away from it for some reason. But then I watched last season's finale, and that's all it took for me to get hooked again. I love this show. If you're not watching it, you should be. No real comments about tonight's episode, except the 'Nick failing his firearms qualification' plotline was crap, and was probably punishment for his 'sleeping in' fiasco. Plus, Aisha Tyler is the new DNA Labrat. This show is so full of beautiful people, it's a wonder anyone can pay attention to the storyline.

I also watched ER, which still managed to keep itself interesting after 10 years. I really enjoy the personal aspect of this show. It's not just about doctors and their patients, it's also about the personal issues that people deal with (both minor and extraodinary).

Rounding out my thursday TV roster is Without A Trace. Again, if you're not watching it, you should be. I recorded this and have yet to watch it, so don't tell me anything mmmkay?

So, this is what my good thursday consists of. Sad, isn't it?