December 24, 2004

Sigh of Relief

So, it's done. The Christmas shopping season is finally over, and I managed to survive relatively unscathed. I want a t-shirt that says "I survived working at the mall during the holidays". Heh.

Unfortunately, with the end of the holidays also comes the end of my job. No, I wasn't a seasonal hire. Our store is being forced to close by the end of this month. Which really pisses me off, because I like my job and the people that I work for.

It's hard to get a 100% straight answer as to why the store is closing, but the abbreviated version is that we were on a temporary month-to-month lease, and now a bigger (more profitable store) wants/needs our space. So we get the boot. My manager is hopeful that we'll be back in the mall by February, but that's still a month that I'll be out of work. I have been offered a position at one of the other stores, but

I know I'll have a job once the store re-opens, but even now that's seeming more like a "if" instead of a "when". I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens, hopefully I'll be re-employed at the end of the month.

C'est la vie.