January 05, 2005

Promises, Promises

I never make New Year's resolutions, mostly because I can never keep New Year's resolutions. But this year, I've made one. Just one, and that is enough.

My resolution? To take more photographs. Why? First, I need to learn how to use all the spiffy features on my new camera. Second, I need to expand my technical knowledge of photography in general. And third, I plan on applying to art school, and my portfolio is sorely lacking.

So, I'm going to get serious about it. At least one full day a week will be spent taking photos, rain or shine. (Which, in this city, usually means rain) I will also try and visit a new location each time, because I've got enough photos of downtown to last a lifetime.

There it is. I've stated it publicly (exponentially increasing the guilt factor should I not keep my resolution) and there's no going back.

I'm thinking Friday would be a good shooting day, but I just don't know where. Suggestions?